Welcome

WORTH A LOOK

Welcome to my little slice of the Internet.

The chances are, if you have found this site you have arrived on the back of a link of a social media post relating to Unexplained Aerial Phenomena, the Paranormal, Cryptids or other events of High Strangeness.

Since childhood I have always loved a mystery. A problem to be analysed, researched and solved. That is reflected by the titles on my bookshelf and the entries on my browser’s bookmark list.

Unexplained Aerial Phenomena

Unexplained Aerial Phenomena, UAP, or UFOs as most of us call them have been an area of interest for me since I was a teenager.

I saw something in the sky I couldn’t explain, but I did not tell anyone or spend a great deal of time thinking about it.

It wasn’t until I started watching Gerry Anderson’s UFO that I began to think about the subject in more depth.

Since that first sighting, I have read countless books and spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours gazing at the sky. From Roswell to Rendlesham the world has been treated to unexplainable events, misidentifications and hoaxes. I would describe myself as an ‘open minded skeptic’. I think around 95% of all sightings have a down to earth explanation, the remaining 5% are the cases I am really interested in. As an ‘open minded skeptic’, I don’t think it is unreasonable to say we have insufficient information to form a conclusion, or to say that we simply ‘do not know’. However, that should never prevent further information being sought or continually trying to enhance our understanding of these events.

Cryptids

My interest in cryptids was spawned from my time in the Cub Scouts. On camping trips we would inevitably set up camps in or near woodlands, and camps meant campfires.

The age old tradition of telling stories to the group around the campfire whilst staring in to the dancing flames, kept us warm on the inside and sparked out imaginations. Going back through historical documents, there are numerous tales that tell us about ‘The Green Man’ or ‘The Wild Man’. I had always thought of them to be hermit-like people who had retreated into woods and forests to get away from it all. Yet today, there are those who believe there are Sasquatch or Bigfoot type creatures living in the U.K.

As with all of my areas of interest, I try to remain open minded and take a scientific type approach when dealing with a theory or hypothesis. I then rigorously test it. Sometimes we simply have to admit we do not have sufficient data or information to prove / disprove something conclusively. Until I do, it remains on the ‘to be investigated further’ shelf.

Never be afraid to admit, “I simply don’t know at the moment”.


Latest

Misty Forest

Another early morning in the forest

Despite being really tired after working through the night, today I headed off to the forest. unsplash-logoTobias Tullius The country ...
Read More
Moorland view

Wandering the moors

Today I spent a bit of time on the moors. The county where I live has quite a variety of ...
Read More
Tree stump being reclaimed by the forest

A trip to the forest on a sunny day

I spent much of this afternoon in the forest today. It was a boiling hot day so a trip out ...
Read More
Field view

The heat of summer arrives

It finally came this weekend. The sunshine of Summer. At least Summer finally appears as though it has arrived. Winter ...
Read More
Earliy Morning near Hamsterley

An early morning trip to the forest

Over recent weeks I have been spending a lot of time in the forest. Much of that is during the ...
Read More
An Unusual Alarm Clock

An Unusual Alarm Clock

Yesterday wasn't a good day. Working odd hours, I need to grab my sleep when I can. This involves me ...
Read More